What Is This QR Code Thing?
A QR code is like a bar code. Each member (or member family) will have a unique QR code that identifies them to the gate guards.
Why Do I Need It?
We are using the QR code to verify that only members access the pool, and for contact tracing in the unlikely event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
Your QR code must be scanned by the gate guard each time you enter the pool.
How Do I Use The QR Code?
There are a few different ways you can use the QR code:
- Keep the image file on your phone. Just pull up the image on your device and the gate guard will scan it.
- Print it out. This is ideal if your children are old enough to come to the pool alone, but do not have their own device. We do recommend that you protect the printed copy in some way, eithe by keeping it in a plastic bag or by laminating it.
Can I Share My QR Code With Someone Else?
Absolutely not. Here's why:
- Contact tracing: we need to know who has been at the pool at any given time in the unlikely event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Heights is a not-for-profit organization, and the running of the pool is financed by membership fees. It's not fair for non-members to use Heights at the expense of paying members.
- Your membership fee entitles you to protection under our insurance. Non-members are not covered!
I Got The Email, But I Can't See The Code!
The QR code is included in the email you recieved as a PNG image file. Some email apps don't always show this type of image file. Try logging into your email from a computer or a different device.
If you still have trouble after trying that, let us know, and we will send it to you again.
I Got The Email with QR Code, But What About The Rest of My Family?
All of the individuals registered under a given membership share a QR code. You can forward the QR code to the other members in your family, send it to them by text or Air Drop - whatever works best for you.
I'm Having Trouble Printing The QR Code. Can You Help?
Sure thing. Let us know, and we'll be happy to help.