Heights Code of Conduct
Heights promotes a safe, respectful and inclusive environment for all of its members and staff. No verbal or physical harassment of any kind will be tolerated, as well as any conduct that would jeopardize one’s own safety and/or the safety of others. Individuals who display this type of conduct will be asked to leave the pool area. Heights is a member of ALPS and therefore its code of conduct applies to all member pools as well as their athletes, parents, coaches, officials and spectators for events at home or away meets. Please click here for the ALPS code of conduct.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited.
- No Running on deck (this also applies to grassy areas)
- All children aged 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Older siblings or babysitters must at least be 12 years of age or more to be considered a guardian.
- No Diving in the Shallow End.
- Diving is only permitted in the deep end part of the pool.
- Glass containers are forbidden on pool grounds.
- Rough play, foul language and spitting are strictly forbidden.
- The swim lane is reserved for laps only. Members must get out and walk around the swim lane to travel between the shallow end and deep end.
- Lifejackets and floatation aids are permitted in the pool.
- Children that need a lifejacket absolutely must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the pool at all times.
- Parents or guardians cannot just stand/sit on the side and watch
- Lifejackets are provided by the lifeguards if needed.
- The baby pool is reserved for children 6 and under.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or babysitter at all times while in the baby pool area.
- In the deep end, members are not permitted to do any kind of back dive or flip off the sides of the pool.
- In the case of bad weather (i.e. Thunder, Lightning, Heavy Rain) the pool must be cleared and members must remain on the grassy areas
- Time to reopen: Thunder: 30 min, Lightning: 45 min
- Multiple infractions or violations of the Heights and/or ALPS Code of Conduct may result in expulsion from the pool grounds.